The new Netflix series peaky blinders is a ballbuster hit, but its success does not limit to its storyline what more grabbed the attention of the watchers of this particular series is the English hat (Also known as the flat cap) worn by Cillian Murphy. The English hat is typically made out of a woven fabric, it’s a rounded cap with a small stiff brim in front. Their peak in popularity was around 1910-1925. English hats are typically worn during the fall-winter season as they keep you warm and cozy. Flat caps are usually casual and easier to wear and make a softer statement. It is much less intimidating to wear and much easier to pull off. It’s a versatile piece that can be conveniently combined with casual, formal, and sport outfits. This piece of head wear is generally common among the men who belong to an older age group as it keeps them warm during the winter. Choosing a hat that goes well with your personality and style might give you jitters at some point.
A classic English hat is not only an iconic headpiece but it's also quite a comfortable and thrifty piece. Even young men can be seen exhibiting this fine hat in the streets. How will you know if it's apt for you or not? The answer to this question is the best English caps in Los Angeles. Owning a simple accessory that’ll uplift your persona and appearance seems like a discerning hunch. It’s a lasting piece of hat that won't run out of trend any time soon. There is, in fact, a genius inherent to this affordable and durable design: less formal than more structured hats – and so less off-putting for men who can’t, as it were, get their heads around hats – its design is still a deceptively clever one. Cut deeper at the back, it has more purchase than it looks like it does – useful especially when lifting eyes to the sky while shooting, for example; the brim is short but still enough to shade eyes; and the whole thing is foldable, easily stowed inside a pocket.
How To Style English Hats -
Undoubtedly, English are the kings of hats. The English style hats are known all over the world. The typical English hat, also known as a mushroom hat, is usually used formally and it has a hemispherical shape as its name suggests.
However English Hats or more commonly known as Flat caps are known with different Names and Styles. So here are the List from which you can choose your’s -
- Baker Boy Cap or Fisherman Cap- The Ascot cap is a flat cap with a low-profile crown that is not as baggy or bulbous as a newsie cap and not as soft as a driver cap, it is harder and made of felt or wool.
- Driver cap or Driver Hat - A very popular hat today worn by women and men, these flat caps have a stiff hat band and a full crown. Extremely stylish and popular in Paris, they can enhance any outfit.
- Irish Flat Cap - The Irish Flat Cap is one of the more popular flat caps! It is usually plaid, tweed or a similar pattern and can really make you look sharp.
- Big Apple Hats- The Big Apple Hat is very similar to the newsboy cap. It is an 8-panel flat cap with a much larger and wider brim, and a button accent.
- Shelby Hat - The Shelby hat is a newsboy cap specifically referring to the very style worn by Thomas Shelby (the guy from Peaky Blinders). Its popularity has grown overseas and in America thanks to its style and a boost from the NetFlix Series.
- Herringbone Flat Cap - A herringbone flat cap is one of the most stylish around. Made with the patterned herringbone fabric it is a great complement to your stylish upscale outfits.
- Ivy Hat - The Ivy Cap is sewn from the back forward, but similar to other flat caps. It really has a nice s